The Waukee Leadership Institute is currently looking for a high performing individual to fill their Executive Director Role. If you are interesting in being an integral part of a great community program take a look below:
Please send letter of interest, resume, and names/contact information of references to
Waukee Leadership Institute PO Box 956 Waukee, IA 50263
Deadline for applications: August 11
Screening of applications: Week of August 14 & 21
Interviews: Week of August 28
WAUKEE LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE JOB DESCRIPTION & PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS
TITLE: Executive Director
REPORTS TO: WLI Board of Directors
TERM:The Executive Director of the Waukee Leadership Institute will be hired on a 1-year continuing contract for services with the WLI Board of Directors approval (July 1 – June 30). This contract can be terminated at any time with the WLI Board of Directors approval.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of Board Policy on Evaluation of Administrative Personnel.
COMPENSATION: Approved by the WLI Board of Directors on an annual basis and paid monthly. Compensation for the 2017-18 year is $8,000. **Compensation will be prorated if Executive Director is employed after July 1.
- Demonstrated commitment to the advancement and growth of the City of Waukee.
- Ability to lead change and manage transitions and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate ability in developing professional relationships through a collaborative leadership approach with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possess strong command of written and oral language.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES & ACTIONS:
- Attends and participates in all WLI Board Meetings on a regular basis.
- Represents the WLI Organization and Board of Directors professionally and ethically in all public events.
- Communicates with the class on all pertinent information as determined by the WLI Board of Directors.
- Communicates with the WLI Board on any recent developments that affect Board Decisions and the WLI class.
- Manages directives by the WLI Board effectively and efficiently as determined by the WLI Board of Directors.
- Updates Social Media monthly and the WLI website quarterly. Hired website work shall not exceed a total cost of $500 dollars per year without prior WLI Board of Directors approval.
- Updates Minutes, Treasurer Reports, and all other WLI documents on the WLI Google
- Document shared drive at a minimum of a quarterly basis.
- Works with the Fundraising Committee to help raise a minimum of $4,000 dollars from sponsors excluding the City of Waukee.
- Manages content and provides all board members with New WLI Board of Directors Portfolio and other essential information (including new board members).
- Collaborates with the WLI Alumni/Graduation Committee to plan and execute a Fall Alumni Event by September 31st
- Ensures that unless extenuating circumstances exist, all class members are paid-in-full on or before November 1st .
- Extenuating circumstances are determined by the WLI Board of Directors.
- Collaborates with the WLI Alumni/Graduation Committee to secure the details of the annual WLI Graduation ceremony and dinner.
- Graduation details and directives are determined by Graduation/Alumni Committee and WLI Board of Directors
- Ensures completion on or before April 15th . Postings completed via social media channels and WLI website.
- Collaborates with the Alumni/Graduation Committee to execute a Spring Alumni/Recruitment Event to be held by April 30th.
- Develops a potential class list for the next WLI session on or before May 15th.
- Collaborates with the WLI Curriculum Committee to set curriculum, location and speakers for the next class.
- Ensures completion on or before July 1st.
- Postings completed via social media channels and WLI website.
- Provides guidance that supports implementation of planned WLI Board approved curriculum.